Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hello from Yoda

Well hello stranger! :)

It's been some time since I've posted. I've missed you.

I've spent the last few hours reading and re-reading some of the posts from this blog as well as a private online journal I kept. It's funny tracing my personal journey through those words. I can feel the ebb and flow of my life in those posts.

Where am I today? On the surface, newly married but in theory the same as before. You know the problem with theories though? They're always waiting for the next super genius, pencil pusher to come along with their amazing statistical analysis to explain to you why they weren't really wrong to believe as they did before but why they must actually change the way they think now. I try to tell the Hubby/M-type/not-sure-what-he-is-or-i-am-now that this really means they're wrong but he swiftly corrects me that right and wrong couldn't possibly apply to scientists because they're smart and constantly evolving their technology and that they're only a "little" wrong.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen.. those are crickets you're hearing.

I wonder if I were a little wrong back in the olden days if I could have avoided getting my ass beat.
I wonder if I were a little wrong if I could avoid speeding tickets? Well, yes.. I could.. but he couldn't..LOL I do think that's the thing that proves the fucking rule.

Anyhow, I digress.

I feel like I need to reorient myself to this as it's been so long since I've posted. I was introduced to this life in 1999. I've had a lot of fun and lot of various injuries mostly because I'm not graceful... and because I'm wayyyyy too willing to try shit. In fact, at one point, I was considered his "enabler". Those other bitches just didn't get it that I was trying to liven things up a little... pfft!

I just did the math - that's 15 years for me.. oy vey.

So, I met a man who I ended up marrying. He's flavored like me. We should be compatible this way and that. Here's the rub.. Real life is creeping in. How do you make that shit work?!? I've had 3 surgeries in about a year. That's been a royal pain - literally and figuratively.

He is looking at me differently now. Like I'm frail. That pisses me off. It makes me angry.

15 years - I've seen so much. I feel like a yoda for slaves minus the green twat and hairy ears. I miss the feelings I had in some of those posts.

Maybe it's time to evaluate yoda's place in the universe.

No comments: